Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cutting for Stone #1

Jesse told me I was in charge of leading the discussion (on-line) for this book, probably because I ranted and raved about it so much. This was my kind of book, an epic novel filled with new and interesting facts and unexpected twists in the story line. I was introduced to Ethiopia, lots of history, and to a world beyond my own. Interestingly enough, a young man who lived in our building in Athens was the son of one of the rebel factions in Ethiopia... that made everything even more fascinating for me. I read the book a couple of months ago and could not put it down, actually unplug it... because it was on the kindle. Please feel free to post why you like or dislike the book, which character you like, how you felt about the beginning, etc... anything you want!! You don't have to finish the book to post, either. This site will only work if each of you contributes. Happy reading....

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the book. I read most of it on the airplane and during layovers to and from Austin for a conference. I liked the main character although I thought he was a bit of an idiot at the end in one scene... you'd think a doctor would be smarter about that. I also liked the insider look at Ethiopia and its struggles. I'll post more in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete